By Liz Hensler
July 14, 2020
Each week, we post a compilation of articles, publications, videos, podcasts, events etc. we’ve learned from across the web. This week, we’ve compiled resources to learn more about the current conversations, critiques and debates about equity in and the future of humanitarian aid.
- Opinion: The hustle — white saviors and hashtag activism, Angela Bruce-Raeburn (DevEx)
- Stop telling Palestinians to be ‘resilient’ – the rest of the world has failed them, Brendan Ciarán Browne & Dr. Emma Keelan (The Conversation)
- Humanitarian aid system is a continuation of the colonial project, Janaka Jayawickrama (Al Jazeera)
- Can doing good be done better?, Madeline Drexler (Harvard Public Health)
- Decolonising aid, again, Paul Currion (The New Humanitarian)
- This global pandemic could transform humanitarianism forever. Here’s how, Heba Aly (The New Humanitarian)
Watch and Listen:
What resonated with you? What do you agree with, disagree with? Additional resources? Comment below!
Liz Hensler, MPA (she/her/hers) is the founder of Do Good, Better. She works in philanthropy in the humanitarian aid sector and has a background in NGO program management, corporate and community engagement, volunteer management, and communications. She is based in Brooklyn, NY.