Do Good, Better commits to its writers and audience, the following:
- No tone policing: Each submission maintains the voice of the writer, meaning that pieces receive a cursory spelling, grammar, and formatting edit, unless otherwise requested by the writer. Content clarification questions are to be resolved in conversation between the writer and editor.
- No hate speech: No slurs, threats, criminalization or sweeping generalizations of any group based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or ability.
- Lived experience holds the same editorial weight as academic research.
- No content theft: All written materials must belong to the writer and site, unless properly cited; all media must be properly credited unless found on a vetted third party stock photography site.
- Writers reserve the right to request the removal of any piece they have authored at any time. Do Good, Better commits to honoring this request, no questions asked.
- The views expressed in each piece reflect only the views of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of their employers.